Historic River Towns Tour
Explore a mixture of country lanes, roads and canal towpath to discover 5 historic Delaware river towns. This 35 mile tour offers a slightly more challenging day out; ideal for a developing cyclist or for a more experience rider to stretch their legs out with.
This tour starts at 11:00 am. Private tours can be arranged at your chosen start time for groups of a minimum size of 4.
- Venture out on secluded lanes winding your way to Frenchtown
- Enjoy a mid ride lunch break overlooking the river and canal
- Venturing into PA, roll along the canal tow path before stopping in Lumberville
- Take in New Hope on the return to our start in Lambertville
Bring your own bike or rent one of our cyclocross bikes
Our bikes are not like the traditional tow path bikes and beach cruisers. Our bikes are lighter, have a more sporty feel and have a more agile handling making them ideal for adventuring on not just the canal tow path, but also when the road starts to wind up away from the river on paved and unpaved roads. We will make sure you are comfortable on your bike before setting off!
If you want to bring your own bike, we'd prefer you to tell us a bit about the bike you'd like to bring as you make your booking. Comfort hybrids and beach cruiser style bikes may end up feeling like they are holding you back a bit compared to everyone else!
- We meet in time for a 11am departure. The meeting location is the tow path parking area on River Road, Lambertville, NJ.
- Price: $70 (includes lunch)
- Bike Rental: $35
- Distance: 35 miles
- Difficulty: Medium